1/3/11

THE BEST MACARONI AND CHEESE, MADE BETTER

I know it is a really bold statement to say "I can make the BEST macaroni and cheese even better."
But, I can! Now you can, too. 

YUMMY!!!
Take about one pound of cooked meat.  Today, I used some chopped pork loin that I had in the freezer.  Put in a sauce pan with 1/2 cup of water and 8oz of Salsa Verde (yes, out of a can).  I do make my own, but I'm out.  Recipe for homemade salsa verde coming soon.  Cook this for 5 minutes or more on low heat.  Pour this into an oven safe casserole dish.  Add which ever cheese you have lying around.  I used a white cheddar.





Prepare the mac n cheese like it says on the Kraft Homestyle Macaroni and Cheese package.


Pork, cheddar, salsa verde

Add this to the meat mixture.  Don't forget the breadcrumbs. 
Bake for 10 minutes at 425 degrees.  Remove from oven, let cool.
You can use any meat that you have, or just get a rotisserie chicken.  One of the key ingredients is the  Kraft Homestyle Macaroni and Cheese.  Be adventurous!  I also like it with a good ham chunks, pineapple, and fresh jalapenos.  Anything you would eat on a pizza would be good here. 

No comments:

Post a Comment